Arising from the assumed objectives, the cluster offers its members, through the specialized technical staff made available by EURONEST Intercommunity Development Association – regardless of their membership or non-membership of EMC – the following categories of services:
- Management and networking services in the following areas:
- identifying partners for commercial or RDI projects;
- establishing contacts with institutions, SMEs, entities from the country and from abroad;
- integration and participation in various networks of the IT&C industry;
- the development of thematic networks derived from the themes of interest and the specializations of the cluster members;
- organizing events / debates / roundtables in areas of interest with the participation of relevant actors in the field of public policy, finance;
- identifying opportunities for organizing exchange of experience / good practice in the field;
- elaborating / implementing / implementing RDI projects or increasing the competitiveness of cluster members etc .;
- Information services:
- developing and accessing its own database to contain up-to-date information on human resources in the field, the evolution of the cluster-covered IT&C sector, market analysis and integrated marketing communication, information on public procurement procedures in the region or in Foreign programs, in-service training courses, etc .;
- Human resource development services in the cluster, at both management and execution level:
- achievement and accessing, in a closed system, a HR Supply-Demand Portal, with input data provided both by the demand and supply from Region;
- providing certified / licensed courses for areas of general interest (project management, strategic management, human resources);
- Consultancy services in the following areas:
- European legislation and policies in the field of IT&C, including patenting, intellectual property, copyright;
- identifying and obtaining funding for projects between cluster members, both from non- refundable sources (European funds) and from other national or international funding sources;
- Promotion services (including editing and distributing an English newsletter at the economic missions of Romanian embassies, fairs and other events).
Strategic action dimensions
In principle, consolidation approach of EURONEST Regional Innovative Cluster IT&C HUB is dimensioned on two main coordinates:
- The first dimension, related to the general objectives, aims at achieving a high level of competitiveness for all companies in the cluster. It is intended to develop its own products, added value and innovation over the next 5-8 years with the achievement of cumulated turnover of cluster members. The realization of products / processes / own technologies can be determined by ensuring the necessary cooperation conditions through the common exploitation of resources through the use of appropriate networks and up-to-date knowledge of standards, practices and trends in the field.
- The second dimension concerns axes, strategic directions of action needed to stimulate the business environment in IT&C area in the Region, like it is shown above.
The above diagram highlights the interdependence relationships between human resources and the IT&C industry in the Region. The pressure of well-trained human resources in the field is acutely felt by cluster companies, who rated an insufficient number of professionals in the field as the main obstacle to industry development. Although, annually, the four universities in the cluster provide approx. 700-800 graduates in relevant fields to the companies in the cluster, very few of them have the knowledge and skills required for employers. It is often necessary to go after a internship training / specialization period, which sometimes extends to 9-12 months, which involves extremely high costs for companies and put in danger certain projects/contracts which require certain qualifications in a given time. Based on these considerations, one of the major objectives of the cluster is human resources, which underpin the development of the entire IT&C industry in the region. Returning to above diagrame, this highlights the fact that the interdependence of well-trained human resources, research activities targeted to technological and market transfer and proper marketing are the engines of increasing the competitiveness of the IT&C sector, both at the cluster level and, generaly, at industry level.
For each of the listed components, the Development Strategy of EURONEST Regional Innovative Cluster IT & C HUB provides concrete actions with short and medium term implementation.
Synthetic Short-term Action Plan of EURONEST Regional Innovative Cluster IT&C HUB